- It takes 8 lightning bolts to take down a 7-foot monster.
- VirtualBox, by Sun Microsystems, is a popular free virtualization technology.
- The Mars Global Surveyor takes nice space pictures.
- Apple Inc. had a great quarter.
- Carbon Nanotubes are similar, but different from Bucky Balls. They can be used to make flexible batteries and give you spider powers, but don't breathe them in! (also on Jalopnik)
- Soon we'll all be carrying our own portable electric Yikes into the office.
- Falcon Heene doesn't know Wolf.
- TV reporters have to deal with a lot of crap behind their backs.
- An irrelevent B-list celebrity thinks an irrelevent A-list celebrity is weird.
- Salmon Rushdie could play Rick in the Broom of the System movie.
- Gawker Media is looking for junior tech writers to berate and enslave.
- There's still a healthy debate about whether the iPhone is a valid business machine or an expensive toy.
- Computer nerds will still waste time making it harder to play geeky Dungeon's and Dragon's games.
- The Ebook reader market will become oversaturated in 2010.
- Apple fanatics will attempt to decode new Mac products based on a leaked list of product codes much like lazy hackers attempt to decode rumored and possibly fake Bill Clinton's private tweets.
U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force
30 minutes ago